I'm not even going to start on the game, it would take hours. Even though the Hawks played like absolute crap, I still had a good time. We left Friday morning and stopped at a golf course right along hwy 20 in a small town called Dike. Every trip we always talk about stopping and playing a round, I'm glad we finally got that done. It turns out that it is a very nice 18 hole course, with many sand traps that are like ball magnets. Friday night I met some friends that go to UNI downtown IC. Every year it gets harder for me to keep up, I hate to say it, but I think I'm getting old. Saturday morning the grill was fired up and the tailgating was on. We cruised to a few different spots to hang out with different friends, and made the standard stroll down melrose. After the sad excuse for a football game was over I bought a couple things for the baby, we went out to eat, and pretty much just decided to lay low and watch the night games at the motel. Not much excitement- until around midnight when I heard some commotion outside and something about 911. I went outside and asked the guy what was going on he said "There was an attack, some guy is laying over there." I went over there to find a big guy on the ground swinging his arms around and a lady trying to hold him down. I asked her what happend and told her I am an EMT. She said "Oh good, he has a pulse, I checked!" I found this very comical. After telling her to just get away from him before she got hurt, I just did a basic assesment and waited for the ambulance to get there. Sad to say, but that was probably more exciting than the game.
We made it back it time today to watch Tampa kick Carolina's butt, so the weekend wasn't a complete loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i have to wonder if "damn hawkeyes" is going to be a heading that repeats itself a few times over the next 6 weeks or so....
I hope not, but I'm not optimistic either.
Glad you had a good trip anyway; the losing is getting old.
you bought a few things for the baybay...too cute! i miss tailgating in IC.
Post a Comment