Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Well, Dylan is now 6 months old, crazy! He is doing very well, we started fruit and veggies 2 or 3 weeks ago and seems to like most things we have fed him. Not crawling yet, but the way he is moving we are thinking that he will start within the next month, but you never know, no hurry I guess. The dog seems to be the main attraction, if Dylan spots him across the room he smiles and laughs. He also likes to pet (and pinch), and Buck likes to try and give kisses anytime he thinks someone is not looking.
I have been very busy the past few months, EMS confrences, fire schools, various classes, and meetings, meetings, meetings. It is good to get to regional confrences/schools because I can catch up with people that I only see a few times a year or less, and meet some new people and get new/ different ideas. The grants I had been working finaly got completed- 3 days before the deadline- I think thats a few days earlier than last year, ahh procrastination.
I have also been going through the hiring process for SCFD since last October, as some of you may know. A certified hire list was posted just before the end of the year, and I was ranked 12 out of the 40 that made the list. The beggining of Feb. I had another interview that could have helped or hurt my position, but the results are unknown. If you don't know about the process, ask me sometime, I don't have that much time to type.
As golf season should be here, the weather has not let that happen. I went out this weekend only to get a few swings in before mens league starts next tuesday. Man I sucked. It was pretty windy and 45-50 degrees, but I was just horrible. So Sunday after dinner it was time to give it another shot- should have stayed home- I was worse. Same crappy weather, but I was worse. I hope I can get out again before league starts.
Aside from a handfull of projects I have to get done, hopefully things will be slowing down. We still need to get up to MN to check out the new Laabs home. Before you know it football season will be here. I will try to post again before then!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great hearing from you guys again! Dylan sure is growing....as soon as he starts crawling you might just sometimes wish he was just a lil ball of...well baby that didn't move that much! Get ready to really baby proof the house too! Will you all be at camp this summer?

jessov said...

Such a cute photo! He sure is getting big. I am missing the little squirt (and you guys too). You DEFINITELY need to come and visit. There's a nice big deck and a beer calling your name!

joshovermohle said...

let us know when you are coming up this way....i already have a course picked out.