This will be short. We have had a lot of fire and EMS calls over the past 7 days including a big elevator fire, and an elevator explosion the next day. On one of those excitng calls I was in the back of the rescue truck getting geared up and, like always, had the look of a kid in a candy store. My buddy Eric was also back there, looked at me and said "Now don't go doing anything stupid." My reply was " You know I'm the king of doing stupid shit." Eric- " Yeah, I know, but you have a kid now." I always enjoy it when Eric is in the rescue(sarcasm) what a killjoy.
Anyway, busy, busy, busy. We did buy a camper, so we are excited to use it at Lake View next weekend, and hopefully find some time to get out a few more times this year.
Dyan is crawling all over the place, and trying to climb over everything. And of course opening every drawer and door. He is also getting his first tooth and talking a lot of gibberish.
Now I want to know what you think I did. I needed to use the restroom tonight after getting home from doing a little shopping for things needed for the newly acquired camper. As I was buttoning up, somehow my $500 pager fell of of my belt. Obviously my lightning fast reflexes took over and I went in to stop it from crashing on the tile floor. A valiant effort it was, but my world isn't perfect. My hand re-directed the pager into a pee filled toilet. What do you think I did?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'll tell you what I hope you didn't do.
Call for your wife to get it.
Even worse, I know how much Dylan likes those electronic devices.....
I bet you were a man and just pulled it back out of the toilet, instinctively, bare-handed.
I sure hope you didn't flush it...doesn't insurance cover that? That would be fun story to explain.
OK since you aren't getting much for comments here I'm going to give it a shot in the dark
You grabbed the nearest thing with a handle.
Chrissy's brush and comb and fished it out!
If more people would comment then I wouldn't have to think up things like this.
I'm not used to Jason posting, so sorry if I'm a day behind... :)
I think you got something and fished it out. Those things can dry out and still work, but they might never be quite the same (I speak from experience - digital camera in the bottom of a swamp, anyone?)
I've unfortunately done the same. But it was a few years ago when the phones weren't quite so small, so I flushed before sticking my hand in there. I hope you did the same!
Post a Comment